Thanks to spudbuddette at Focus and Refocus for nominating me for the Blogger Recognition Award!
Here’s what my About Me page says about why I started this blog:
Being a PK and a fine upstanding member of a church, where a lot of people know me, I have learned to hold my tongue. Because people don’t want to hear the truth.
But the truth is, I need to say the truth. I need to tell it. It needs to come out sometimes. So I reasoned that if I put it HERE, I can get it out, but no one gets hurt.
(Read: Me. I don’t get hurt. No one gets mad at me. It’s all about the not getting mad at me.)
Two pieces of advice to new bloggers are:
- Forget No Filter Friday. Do it every day. This is your chance to say what you mean, so go ahead and say it!
- While you are saying what you mean, be careful not to throw people under the bus, bash on your loved ones or whine. I can’t say I always achieve this, but it is possible.
- Keep it short. Edit yourself. If your reader has to scroll too many times, they will stop reading, no matter how compelling your writing. If you really feel you need to say ALL of those words, break it up into two or three blogs and schedule the subsequent blogs to hit in a day or two. Again, this is a work in progress for me too. Case in point: I was only supposed to offer two pieces of advice here.
Here are 15 other bloggers I enjoy reading, in no particular order:
- Inspiration With An Attitude
- See, There’s This Thing Called Biology
- Truth In Palmyra
- The River Walk
- Dr. Ken Baker
- K. E. Garland
- The Seeds 4 Life
- Live Now And Zen
- Beauty Beyond Bones
- Jonathan Camac
- Lipstick and Playdates
- Everyone Has A Story
- LaMonte M. Fowler
- Man vs. Mommy
- Transformer Girl
So, bloggers, if you see your name above, spread the love and do your own Blogger Recognition Award post. Here are the rules:
- Thank the blogger who nominated you and provide a link to their blog.
- Write a post to show your award.
- Give a brief story of how your blog started.
- Give two pieces of advice to new bloggers.
- Select 15 other bloggers you want to give this award to.
- Comment on each blog and let them know you have nominated them & provide the link to the post you created.